Learning Outcomes - College of Engineering
Student at the end of the program should be able to:
- Identify and apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences and engineering in civil engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data required for solving civil engineering projects.
- Design optimum system/component of civil engineering facilities/infrastructures to meet desired needs using realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Function effectively in multi-disciplinary civil engineering teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems to evaluate and synthesize information in order to provide best alternative solutions.
- Act professionally and ethically and recognize the impact of liability issues in civil engineering projects.
- Communicate effectively prepare professional written materials, graphical communications and deliver professional oral and written presentations.
- Recognize the broad education necessary to understand the impact of civil engineering solutions to economic, environmental and society to improving quality of life.
- Recognize the need in life-long learning and to engage in continuing education of professional/engineering skills.
- Recognize the knowledge of contemporary issues in planning, designing, constructing, and rehabilitating civil engineering infrastructures.
- Use techniques and skills of modern engineering methods and tools needed in civil engineering practices.