Sub-Committees - College of Engineering
Follow-up and Management Committee
This Committee will be responsible for the study and analysis of the following:
· Reports of all the committees formed for the project execution.
· Reports of internal and external auditors
· Course evaluation by students
· Opinions of the teaching staff, their assistants and the administrative body
· Participating in the drafting of quarterly and annual reports, in line with the requirements of the National Committee for Quality Assurance
· Preparing for the visits of peer reviewers
· Elaborating charts that include the findings of studies and analyses that will serve to put forward future and annual implementation plans in order to develop the different educational programs as well as the college in general.
· Follow-up on the drafting of the description and reporting of the courses, according to the requirements of the National Commission for Academic Accreditation & Assessment (NCAAA).
Strategic Planning Committee
· Putting forward a strategic plan for the college in order to develop all elements related to teaching, education, scientific research, and community service, for the phases of bachelor and higher studies and elaborating policies and mechanisms that ensure continuous progress and improvement.
· Identifying the areas where development is required in terms of teaching, education, scientific research, and community service, for the phases of bachelor and higher studies.
· Elaborating the mission and vision of the college as well as its strategic objectives, and putting forth policies and mechanisms that guarantee continuous progress of such elements, in conformity with the prevailing changes.
· Identifying policies and mechanisms that help achieve the strategic objectives of the college.
Committee on the description and reporting of programs and courses for the Bachelor phase
· Following up on the elaboration of descriptions and reports of the different educational programs in the college, as per the requirements of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCAAA)
· Ensuring that the councils of the different departments grant their approval regarding the descriptions and reports of the programs given in each department.
Advisory and counseling role:
· Ensuring that each educational program identify and implement the academic criteria it adopts, in conformity with the mission of the college.
· Comparing between the academic standards adopted by the course and the benchmark academic standards selected by each course, whether national or international (similar course in an international university)
· Ensuring that the councils of the department approve the descriptions and reports of the courses that are given in the different programs.
· Ensuring that, at the end of each semester, the lecturer/ coordinator of each course submit the report of the course to the head of the department.
Advisory and counseling role:
· Ensuring that each educational program (related to a scientific department) keeps a file of each course “course file” and include the following:
- Description of the course
- Samples of previous exams
- Results of the student evaluation of the course
- Percentages of the students who dropped the course, as well as of the percentages of the successful and failed ones.
- Any other relevant information.
· Ensuring that two copies of the course be kept, one for the lecturer who gives the course and the other for the head of department or course coordinator, which helps follow up on performance.
Committee on the development of curricula and programs for the Bachelor phase:
· Conducting a study for the curricula given by the different educational programs for the Bachelor phase in the college, in order to determine the following:
- The suitability of the percentages of the courses related to the specialization, basic sciences, language, computer, practical training, human and social sciences, in order to achieve the objectives of such programs.
- The number and percentages of electronic courses
- The suitability of the competences acquired by students during their education in the different educational programs in the college with the competences required by the labor market.
· Putting forward a vision for preparing a college policy related to the system of adopted hours, encouraging self-learning as well as e-learning in the different educational programs, and helping students acquire the skills required in the labor market and the continuous developments.
Committee on the follow-up of exams
Implementing relevant quality standards, through the following:
1. Specifications of exam halls
2. System of exam questions
3. System of answer forms of the exam questions
4. System of correction forms of the exam questions
5. Record keeping system
6. Preparing exam tables
7. Posting final results
8. Dealing with students’ complaints regarding exams
Committee on the educational references and student support
1. Conducting studies on the current status of the library (number of modern books and references, electronic research about the books and references, opening hours, frequency rate, availability of specialists in libraries, photocopy, area, lighting, air conditioning, safety measures)
2. Conducting studies on the current situation of classrooms (availability of modern teaching media, lighting, area, air conditioning, furniture)
3. Conducting studies on the current status of the workshops (lighting, area, air conditioning, safety measures, availability of modern equipment, chemicals and raw materials, availability of trained technicians, availability of posted guidelines to face disasters, research on self-learning)
4. Submitting reports regarding the different studies to Strategic Planning Committee, Internal Follow-up Committee and Committee on the development of curricula.
5. Conducting studies on the current situation regarding the following:
- Establishing a hall (or several halls) and making it available for students, and teaching staff as well as their assistants to use the internet connection.
- Ensuring internet connection access in the different scientific departments.
- Activating the services to be provided by the technology club for the students, the teaching staff as well as their assistants and the community members.
6. Continuous evaluation of the situation and the impediments of self-learning and e-learning in the different educational programs.
Committee on community service
- Establishing a comprehensive database related to the services offered by the college to the community.
- Putting forward a policy and a mechanism that broadens the scope of the services offered by the college to the community, in conformity with the mission of the college and following up on the execution.
- Elaborating a mechanism that measures the satisfaction of the community members from the services offered to them by the college and following up on the execution.